About Me

My photo
Hi and welcome to my motorcycle trip blog. Here you will find motorcycle trip reports primarily based in the State of Washington and Idaho. Born and raised in Washington I have over 50 years of motorcycle experience. Enjoy the ride.

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Seattle to Castlegar BC

I road part of the way from Seattle to NAFO with the Seattle FJR gang. I choose to complete some Dam Tour targets in NE Washington thus dropped off the group in Winthrop.

My route was something like this. Plenty of twisty roads on this route featuring the North Cascades Hwy.

We met at a McDonald's in Arlington, Washington and left on time at 7:30.

Departing photo.

Posted Image

I decided to ride shot gun and take photos along the way. I first stopped to take a photo of Whitehorse Mountain near Darington. My photo stunk so I grabbed this one off the web instead.

Posted Image

The group stopped in Marblemount while I road on to get some photos. Before I could get set up the group road on by all of them following semi on a warm up section of the North Cascades Hwy. I say warm up for it is just outside Marblemount along the North Cascades Hwy where the good twisties begin.

I managed to get this shot of the group riding away behind a large truck moving slowly - oh the agony......

Posted Image

The next stop was at the Diablo Overlook where I caught up and once again continue on to get photos of the group.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

We planned on stopping at the Washington Pass Overlook but it was closed. Here are a few images I have shot of the North Cascades Hwy over the years.

A wide angle lens shot before Rainy Pass.

Posted Image

Rainy Pass looking westbound:

Posted Image

Rainy Pass looking eastbound.



Liberty Bell Mt. at the Washington Pass Overlook.

Posted Image

In Winthrop I waved so long and head for Paterson Lake Dam near Sun Mountain Lodge. Here is my Dam Tour photo.

Posted Image

Onward I went to Omak and Nespelem, Okanogan, WA where I shot this photo for Dam Tour.

Posted Image

Just out of Nespelem, Cache Creek Road has a nice turn nearly right out of the gate....

Posted Image

I went to Owhi Lake to get this Dam Tour photo.

Posted Image

Next was the Bridge Creek road a very twisty road with all sort of interesting conditions.....

Posted Image

And on to Castlegar I went.

The End 
0

No comments:

Post a Comment

Freezeout Saddle

During the first full week on October my lovely bride and I flew to Boston toured Boston for two days then drove north to tour New Hampshir...