About Me

My photo
Hi and welcome to my motorcycle trip blog. Here you will find motorcycle trip reports primarily based in the State of Washington and Idaho. Born and raised in Washington I have over 50 years of motorcycle experience. Enjoy the ride.

Wednesday, May 30, 2018

A Good Day to Ride Ride Report

I didn't plan on riding today. Got up early this morning and looked out the window. Damn another blue sky day in Spokane and the temps will be in the 60's. Check the forecast - no rain in the forecast. Hell lets go for a ride while the getting is good - it will be hot this summer so now is the time.

Check out the Idaho map to find some new roads or scenic byways but none were close. I am riding Dam Tour which is hosted on Facebook this year and Nine Mile dam is nearby as are some excellent roads northwest of Spokane. I whip out a route and load it into the Garmin. I have been on these road enough to know a twisty day is in store. Yeah! While plotting my route I find a road called Corkscrew Canyon road.

I was so jacked I stopped to take a photo.

Image

Other than a mild climb up with a few gentle turns the road was straight. It didn't look to twisty on the map either but I had to give it a go.

Lonely tree, puffy clouds and green grass.

Image

Long Lake Dam

Image

The FJR near Long Lake Dam.

Image

The next two pics are Little Falls Reservoir.

Image

Image

Rode on some good black asphalt pavement just before Wellpinit. Damn near had a heart attack it was so nice. Reality returns with the usual rough cheap seal. It is hard on the tires. The Dunlop RS3's, with 9500 miles, are exceeding the mileage of any other tires, mostly PR2's, Bridgestones and PR4s. The front tire wear bars are still showing so I am looking for 10,000 miles.

Good pavement and a turn.

Image

Cheap seal, blue skies, puffy clouds and a great FJR with 91,000 miles on the clock.

Image

Where are we going FJR? Infinity Mr. Fontana. Ok FJR works for me.

Image

Turtle Lake.

Image

Mudgett Lake.

Image

I stop to take a photo of this old barn. A wood roof barn is rare these days.

Image

Image

Well, I've got to run to keep from hiding
And I'm bound to keep on riding
And I've got one more silver dollar
But I'm not gonna let them catch me, no
Not gonna let 'em catch the midnight rider.....

Image

Twas a nice day to be retired and riding the FJR.
Image
I need to fill in some color on this damn map.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Freezeout Saddle

During the first full week on October my lovely bride and I flew to Boston toured Boston for two days then drove north to tour New Hampshir...