About Me

My photo
Hi and welcome to my motorcycle trip blog. Here you will find motorcycle trip reports primarily based in the State of Washington and Idaho. Born and raised in Washington I have over 50 years of motorcycle experience. Enjoy the ride.

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Dam Tour Route

I have been planning to ride to California in May or June this year.  The weather pattern over the last 3 months is not conducive to a California ride.  The mountain passes my not open till the 12th of never. Also Destination Hwy Southern Cal is not out yet and I have road over 1/2 of those roads before.

So I am thinking of something else, keeping my options open and laid out this route to pickup the bonus dams in the 2012 Dam Tour. This route inspires me and keeps motorcycling fresh and interesting.  I have been on some of these road before but not all of them.  Perhaps leave on May 28th - Memorial Day - it would be the perfect time to head east out of Seattle.




View Larger Map

4 comments:

  1. Looks good Jim. Been there done those and they are fine. Next time you can go a different way.
    Ken

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ken,

      Thanks for reading my blog. Do you have a suggestion for a different route? Like you I have been on some of these roads and it would be good to get other's opinions.

      Delete
  2. Jim,

    I'm contemplating a similar route but doing more zigzagging in Colorado (west of Denver) before snagging Navaho Dam. Then I'd focus on bonus locations in UT (very bonus rich); but I need to load the new AZ bonus' before coming to a final settlement of my route.

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am considering all routes including a route to skip Colorado, except for perhaps the Silverton area.

      Delete

Freezeout Saddle

During the first full week on October my lovely bride and I flew to Boston toured Boston for two days then drove north to tour New Hampshir...