About Me

My photo
Hi and welcome to my motorcycle trip blog. Here you will find motorcycle trip reports primarily based in the State of Washington and Idaho. Born and raised in Washington I have over 50 years of motorcycle experience. Enjoy the ride.

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Dam Tour SW Day 10

Day 10 on the road and I set my sights for Yellowstone National Park.  I figured this early in the season it will not be crowded and I was right.  Unfortunately Bear Tooth Pass aka Hwy 212 was not open yet.  The pros and cons of early season riding.

Here is the route:


View Larger Map


This was a very scenic ride once I got beyond Cody, Wyoming.  Before then it was more ranch land where the deer and antelope play - and make me nervous.

After setting up for the night at Madison Campground. I went out sight seeing to take some photos

This is the first first night in the tent so far.  I have lugged this gear around for no good reason over 9 states and that is a lesson learned.  I am seriously considering adding a top case to the Feejer and forsake camping  in the future.  I have concerns about aero dymamics but carrying my gear in roll sacks a pain.

Here are the photos.


Nice road in Yellowstone NP

Yellowstone Lake at 7700' elevation is still iced over.

Yellowstone Lake at 7700' elevation is still iced over

The road along Yellowstone Lake

Reflection in Yellowstone Lake

Smoldering landscape.
Two Bison, one rolling in the sand, a form of insect repellent.


I like this photo.

Lower Yellowstone Falls.

Lower Yellowstone Falls.

Lower Yellowstone Falls.

Lower Yellowstone Falls.


Steamboat Geyser in Norris Basin.

Day 10 is over. 

The End





No comments:

Post a Comment

Freezeout Saddle

During the first full week on October my lovely bride and I flew to Boston toured Boston for two days then drove north to tour New Hampshir...