About Me

My photo
Hi and welcome to my motorcycle trip blog. Here you will find motorcycle trip reports primarily based in the State of Washington and Idaho. Born and raised in Washington I have over 50 years of motorcycle experience. Enjoy the ride.

Friday, May 11, 2012

Dam Tour SW Day 7

After yesterday's short hike of two mile my hip hurt a bit - sending a message so to speak.  So it is back to the bike and I am happy to say after a full day of riding today the hip is feeling ok thank to some Ibuprofen.

Today was the first riding day where the landing zone for the night was unknown and it was a perfect plan.

On the road about 6:30 or so I got a good start, stopping when ever I wanted.  First stop was some breakfast, then a bit of gas as I wasn't sure when I would be around a gas pump again, then to remove inner liners as the temps in the afternoon were in the '80's.  I also stopped at to take photos of Utah Hwy 261 aka the Moki Dugway, as well as Utah's Goosenecks State Park, Four Corner, Navajo Dam and on to Durango.  It was a great day and I covered quite a variety of landscapes.

Here is the route:


View Larger Map


Here are the photos.....

I stop at this rest area to remove inner liners and prepare for warmer weather.

A zoom of the photo above.

The road along side the Hog Springs Rest Area

Feejer on the road.

The entrance to the gravel section of the Moki Dugway aka Utah Hwy 261. 

In less than three mile I will be on the road below.

Down down down Feejer goes.

The Feejer did ok even though this is not it's element.  There are 3 rules to riding down a gravel road with the Feej.  1) Leave it in first gear.  2) Avoid using the rear brake cause it is integrated with the front. 3) Almost never use the front brake.


Dig this crazy road!  I love stuff like this.  After riding for a several dual sport routes I often think the best vista are served by blacktop or road like this.


Along the Moki Dugway

I turned around to take a photo of  the Moki Dugway   The road begins in at the top of the middle of the photo.

Goosenecks State Park.  There are four turns like this side by side.  I would have hiked down if not for he healing hip.

Goosenecks Point State Park parking lot.  Not a tree or any shade in site and no running water.  Primitive.

Four Corners

Today I also bagged Navajo Dam
After leaving Navajo dam  Ignacio from the FJR forum and I passed each other going the opposite directions.  We turned around said a few quick word and took a photo. It was about 4:30pm and he had 1000 miles to ride by noon the next day to attend the Big Money Rally Banquet in Minden, Nevada near lake Tahoe.  Here sure has his Feejer farkled to the gills.

The End


No comments:

Post a Comment

Freezeout Saddle

During the first full week on October my lovely bride and I flew to Boston toured Boston for two days then drove north to tour New Hampshir...