About Me

My photo
Hi and welcome to my motorcycle trip blog. Here you will find motorcycle trip reports primarily based in the State of Washington and Idaho. Born and raised in Washington I have over 50 years of motorcycle experience. Enjoy the ride.

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Dam Tour SW Day 6

Today was on off bike day.  On my agenda for today:
  • Hot tub - check
  • Have coffee at Robber's Roost Books and Coffee an eclectic coffee shop in Torrey Utah.  This place is so wrong for Utah given Mormon's don't drink coffee and the state is politically right leaning!  - check
  • Go sight seeing, enjoy a short hike and a Ranger talk in Capitol Reef National Park - check - check and check.
It was an awesome day and now for the photos - drum roll please......

The view from the Best Western were I am staying.


Hot tub this morning to soak the old bod.

Entrance to 10 mile scenic drive in to Capitol Reef National Park

I paid my $5.00 fee turn around and saw this.  Paying the fee paid photographic dividends.

Feejer at Capitol Reef NP

A very colorful area indeed.

The geology here is spectacular.

The Fremont River

Went for a short hike and here you can see the road in the middle of the photo.

Wow.

I tried to include this old dead tree to add interest to the photo.

Hickman Bridge at Capitol Reef NP


The Fremont People are responsible for these petroglyphs.  These ancient people lived here 1000 years ago.

My wide angle 10-24 zoom lens came in handy today.


Feejer at Capitol Reef NP


Cantilevered rock - erosion due to water.
I could spend a month here an not be bored.    I enjoy riding but days like this is why I am here.  This got me to thinking today Dam Tour is not for me.  At work I am a modern man,  on schedule, on task and on call, always ready help somebody do something.  Out here I answer to no one.  So be be on task and on schedule to ride to all these dams during my vacation is a bit contradictory to what I enjoy most, but with my hip recovering from a recent injury my ability go day hiking is limited so on to the dams I go.  I will not forget this epiphany.  It is hard to get into vacation mode when planning for a vacation.

I will ride Hwy 550 through Silverton and Hwy 65 in Colorado to see things I have not seen before.  My rear tire is getting on in life and riding through Colorado certainly will not include any California type of spirited riding so from my tire's perspective this will be good.  I hope there is some visual candy in Colorado and I have my Ipod ready to go.

The End

No comments:

Post a Comment

Freezeout Saddle

During the first full week on October my lovely bride and I flew to Boston toured Boston for two days then drove north to tour New Hampshir...