About Me

My photo
Hi and welcome to my motorcycle trip blog. Here you will find motorcycle trip reports primarily based in the State of Washington and Idaho. Born and raised in Washington I have over 50 years of motorcycle experience. Enjoy the ride.

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Dam Tour SW Day 9

Here is the route for the day.  It includes two dams and was nearly 600 miles.  Lots of flat ground today.


View Larger Map

It was about 28 degrees when I left at 6:45.  My heated jacket came in handy today.  By then end of the day in Hardin Mt. it was 82 degrees.



The name of a convenience  store chain in Colorado..........

Boysen Dam in Wyoming

After travelling half the distance of Wyoming without nary a turn I finally find some turns after Boysen dam.  Hwy 20 was rather scenic even after the turns subsides after this 10 mile section of canyon.
 
High mountain meadow near Granite Pass on Hwy 14 in Wyoming.
Granite Pass along Wyoming US 14.  Very nice road.  The south side of the mountain has tar snake.  The north side has great pavement.  I was in go mode today after so many miles in the flats of southern Wyoming. 

Yelllowtail Dam

My rear tire is holding up well.  On the way to Yellowstone NP.

The End



No comments:

Post a Comment

Freezeout Saddle

During the first full week on October my lovely bride and I flew to Boston toured Boston for two days then drove north to tour New Hampshir...